Saturday, March 28, 2015

Training Blog Update

March 29, 2015-

Yesterday, Pam and I decided we wanted to switch around our long run and a quick short run which we will run today. So we set out to run our 13.1 mile run on Saturday a SNOWY SPRING Day! We also came up with new hashtag.....#snowisthenewspring.......or at least it seems to be that way here along the east coast!.....Can you believe it SNOW and it's almost April- and no it's not an April Fools day joke by us, as it is just before April. Actually it's still snowing today- March 29th. The roads were clear, the snow would hit the road and melt due to the warmer temps we have been having- warm as in 40-50 degrees!.....So yeah, no snow shoveling!.....I do refuse to put the snow shovel away though! I do not want to jinx anything!....I will growl at Pam if she even attempts to do so!....

Ok, the above is an older photo from a few weeks ago BUT I think it still fits today! Mother Nature please be kind to us for the rest of our training and all!.....

Ok, so as far as the rest of our training so far you can see our training runs on Twitter- you can follow us on Twitter: @theDogRunner........Our longest training run to date in our training plan is an 18 miler, here is our training plan for the next week, AKA week 9 of 16:

Today- 2 miles
Mon- Rest
Tues- Rest
Wednes- 8 miles
Thurs- 5 miles
Fri- 5 miles
Sat-16 miles (we will be hitting the course route on this day!)
Sun- Rest
 
We will be hitting the hills on at least one of the days before..... doing the 5 mile course in St James......we can easily get 6 miles in just by doing the whole loop, and adding the extra 2 miles is easy as well, so it could be Wednesday we hit the hills! When we hit the hills we look for our golden friend at the top of Corwood (we actually add a bit as we run down his street as well and look for him!)He likes to run with us for a bit as well!......
 
We are halfway through our training.......so you can go ahead to

Here is our fundraiser link:
 
and donate to our cause......
 
Oh and don't forget.....
 
And coming up in May you can purchase our book here and a portion of the proceeds will go towards Kent Animal Shelter, I talked Pam into extending this to April as well, so get your copy today and learn some new things as well as helping out some well deserving animal friends of mine:
 
 
 
Oh and to Boulevard Bagels in Nesconset, thank you for my bagels to recarb on this week......the other day I had three bagels because of them......and oh my did my energy take me places!
 
And to the Best Friend Animal Clinic, thank you for helping stay hydrated especially after chowing down on my carbs! Let it be known that I pull Pam towards the doors there, now what dogs pull their people into the vet other than here?!?!??! As I walk through (or run with Pam in tow!) I always have to let everyone know I am there by letting out my hound dog howl- Pam has to tell me to be quiet and all but I just want to let everyone know I'm there and want to greet everyone as I am one very friendly dog! Hey I learned from my girlfriends Skyler and Sandy! I will be in shortly Dr Amy MacGuire for my shots (in the next month or two- I need to be updated for my upcoming race in July! After my marathon! We'll see if I pull Pam into the clinic after that, LOL!)
 
 
We will see you in our next blog.....we'll try to get a video in as well......
Have a tail waggin' week,
 Scout and Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment