Monday, April 20, 2015

A New week begins- Week 12 of training

April 20, 2015-

So today is actually Marathon Monday for the Boston Marathon......we have several friends running the event....Wil Widman Jr, Stephanie Hoffman, and Tiffany Schwartz are just three that are coming to mind right now. Wil and Stephanie are fellow Long Islanders that run with their dogs too! And Tiffany who lives in NJ definitely runs with the BIG dogs!

I also want to mention to these runners that today is your turn but May 24th Pam and myself will be Getting Our Leash On!

Today here on Long Island we ran a wet 4 miles, yes- it is raining here on Long Island. And since Boston is just across Long Island Sound, just north of Long Island it's raining there as well. I am hoping they are going to think of the rain today as a wetter snow, that I know all the people who trained on the east coast this year for Boston trained in. A very good thing is that there is no reason for anyone to be dehydrated today! I for one would just find a puddle and drink on up once I got thirsty! The human runners can just look up and open their mouth, LOL!.....



Pam said she had one of her best marathons in the rain! The rain is cooling and hydrating. Just hope it doesn't POUR all at once.....a lite rain is best, but I know no matter what these runners can have a great race!


Halfway through our run today, we got to stop and carb on up with a bagel. Pam brought two home in her pocket for me as well, so thanks to my favorite bagel shop I had three FREE bagels!

 
Oh, I do want to mention our fundraiser....you can help us help out (did I just go all Jerry Maguire on you all there?!?!?).....anyway click on these links and you can buy our book- in fact, we will start instead of just the month of May- we will extend it from April 15 to May 24th and with every book sold we will donate a portion of the proceeds to Kent Animal Shelter......
 
 
 Hard copy version:
 
EBook Version:
 
 
 To make a donation to Kent Animal Shelter go to out Crowdrise fundraiser page here:
 
 
Have a tail waggin' day and I'll see you tomorrow,
Scout and Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment