Friday, April 17, 2015

Day 3 of 39

April 17, 2015-

Some facts about the American Foxhound.....

Generally, the height of the breed is 1ft 9 inches to 2 ft 1 inch tall at the shoulder
and they generally weigh between 40 to 60 pounds......

I stand 25 inches tall at the shoulder, so I tend to be the larger of the size and I weigh about 45 pounds.....

the lifespan of the breed ranges from 12 to 13 years, so Pam you have a good 8 to 9 years left with me at least! So Pam get some earplugs, LOL!

My official birthday was the beginning of this month, April 5....but Pam has all of us sharing her birthday on August 25! (Does that mean I have two birthdays each year?!?!??! Double the presents up Pam!)

The breed is adaptable to different situations, training is fairly easy (keep in mind the stubbornness of the breed, this is where I differ from the breed, SHUT UP PAM I am not stubborn!) They are a very friendly breed, I for one need to say hello to every other dog and person I know and lick them and love them to pieces!

And as I mentioned the NEED for exercise is HIGH!.....If Pam doesn't take me out for a run, I get MAD at her.......

Pam said I MUST include one fact, for runners and all, once the breed picks up on a new scent, they can get MAJORLY DISTRACTED from whatever they were doing before so if there are rabbits, or foxes, or deer in the area and are close by WATCH OUT this breed can pull you towards the scent (or if you aren't cooperating enough they can escape their collar or harness! YES, I have done this to Pam before.....fortunately I found a shortcut to the bagel place while on my escape!

Today, we got to run in the rain....we ran an easy 5 miles to get ready and stay loose for tomorrows long run of 20 miles.....tomorrow we will be running the St James 5 mile run as well.....won't you join us?!?!?! the money raised at this race goes towards the local burn unit....and I gotta say the tshirt for this race is Pam's favorite......we'll post a photo of it tomorrow!

I will talk more about the primary breed of the American Foxhound and our training tomorrow so tune in.......
 
Oh, I do want to mention our fundraiser....you can help us help out (did I just go all Jerry Maguire on you all there?!?!?).....anyway click on these links and you can buy our book- in fact, we will start instead of just the month of May- we will extend it from April 15 to May 24th and with every book sold we will donate a portion of the proceeds to Kent Animal Shelter......
 
 
 Hard copy version:
 
EBook Version:
 
 
 To make a donation to Kent Animal Shelter go to out Crowdrise fundraiser page here:
 
 
Have a tail waggin' day and I'll see you tomorrow,
Scout and Pam




No comments:

Post a Comment