Friday, April 24, 2015

Scheduled races/ runs....and training.....

April 24, 2015-

Today we ran a nice 5 mile run. We started a little late in the day, or morning. We ran our usual local course. When we got to the bagel store, there were no bagels to be found. So we continued on......as we crossed the Blvd, we ran into Nesconset Park, and I got to spend some time at the Dogpark. While here I came across a few dogs, one dog who had the same coloring us me, named Rocky and I ran around the dogpark and had some fun before Pam and I continued on. So we continued to run shortly after I had my romp at the dogpark.

I did want to mention today some up and coming races and/ or runs that Pam and I will be participating in. And if by some chance I do not participate I will at least be there to help my two legged companion train for the event. There are not a lot of events BUT we chose these so that we can train for each of these individually!

Here we go, of course on May 24th we have our very own marathon that we have been training for all this time. Then we start training for the NYC AMC Doggy Dash (run at the same time as the NYC Tri on the same course (the last 5 miles at least) as the triathlon on July 19th.

After that we will be training for the Suffolk County Inaugural Marathon which supports the veterans, a cause I can get behind! On Sept 13th, Pam will be running the event BUT of course due to insurance issues DOGS will not be allowed on the marathon course. I gotta work on this!

The next race is the Running of the Bull 5k in Smithtown. Here I will be running the race with Pam once again......yes, I ran this with Pam last year it was miles 13 to 16 of a 19 mile run.

And then to round out the year, will be training for the Myles Standish Marathon in Plymouth, MA. And on Nov 15, 2015, Pam will take to the course in MA!.......

On Thanksgiving, I hope to run the Nissequoque River State Park Turkey Trot as well, once again with Pam. (Pam said we will see about this one because I saw another dog last year and I slipped my harness to get to the dog, and apparently the dog wasn't as friendly as me!, nothing happened BUT Pam got mad at me!)

So there you have it folks the upcoming years races/ runs......we will be training for and/ or racing......

Oh, of course, I do want to mention our fundraiser....you can help us help out (did I just go all Jerry Maguire on you all there?!?!?).....anyway click on these links and you can buy our book- in fact, we will start instead of just the month of May- we will extend it from April 15 to May 24th and with every book sold we will donate a portion of the proceeds to Kent Animal Shelter......
 
 
 Hard copy version:
 
EBook Version:
 
 
 To make a donation to Kent Animal Shelter go to out Crowdrise fundraiser page here:
 
 
Have a tail waggin' day and I'll see you tomorrow,
Scout and Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment