Sunday, June 28, 2015

NYC AMC Doggy Dash 2015

June 28, 2015-

In a mere three count them 1-2-3 weeks we'll be heading into the city for the 8th Annual Doggy Dash. Back in 2008, Pam volunteered to help out for the doggy dash because she was too late to register, it at that time was called the IAMS Doggy Dash. In 2009 and 2010, it was also called the IAMS Doggy Dash. The last few years it has changed to the AMC Doggy Dash! Of course the AMC was always a HUGE part of the event. They checked the dogs out the day before and were part of the briefing on the whole event. Making sure our two legged companions knew how to run with their dogs properly and what to look for if their dog became ill or injured! And at the halfway point, or 2.5 miles through the race the dogs are required to take a mandatory 5 minute rest period, where the vet techs working the event would take their temp, check their paws, and have ice baths and packs to cool us off! We are the stars of the show in the Doggy Dash not our two legged friends. I remember Skyler telling me all about her great races and I hope to run as well as she did with Pam! Keeping in mind the Doggy Dash (along with the triathlon) is in mid July in NYC, on pavement, I am glad that they really care enough to have all these wonderful vet techs and vets on hand to help out our human running partners! They do have water stops for our humans along the way.....and sprinklers to run through! Pam is just hoping that I do not pull her way off course to avoid the sprinklers! I think I may be inviting the cool water being sprayed on me during the Dash though! Am I getting excited.....of course I am?!?!??! I am probably more excited to meet my fellow canine companions and all. And then to hang out with them at the end!

Ok, so as I contain my excitement tonight, with only 3 weeks left until the big day.......I will join you again tomorrow for another update on how we're getting through on our training.....I hope all my fellow runners are training with their companions and having a tail waggin' time!

On that note,
have a happy tail waggin' day,
Scout

No comments:

Post a Comment