Saturday, May 2, 2015

End of PEAK WEEK!

May 2, 2015-

In every good marathon training program, as all marathoners know we have a week called PEAK week. This is the week that we increase our distance as far as we will go before the actual marathon! Peak week for us ended with a 22 mile run. We had a great run this morning and finished strong. After we got back home I was able to run around the backyard and chases bumble bees, so I think I am ready for May 24th. Pam was able to go on for hours as well so I think she is ready to conquer the marathon distance too.

For the next two days we luck out and have REST days in store for us before continuing on with our training! We will talk about some doga sessions that we do for the next two days in our training. Doga is great to work and stretch out on your no running days. We did stretch out today, as you are supposed to stretch out while your muscles are warm. There is a book that we follow to do basic isolated stretches, and we will take some videos this week on doing some of those stretches. I know I said I was going to take a photo of me in the race shirt today, but the long run took a lot of out me, so I will do so for tomorrow for you, when I am less tired! We will start the hashtag group up I promise......hey it is still the first week in May!

Don't forget about our fundraiser for the shelter that helped me find my furever home!
You can help us help them out (did I just go all Jerry Maguire on you all there?!?!?).....anyway click on these links and you can buy our book- in fact, we will start instead of just the month of May- we will extend it from April 15 to May 24th and with every book sold we will donate a portion of the proceeds to Kent Animal Shelter......
 
 
 Hard copy version:
 
EBook Version:
 
 
 To make a donation to Kent Animal Shelter go to out Crowdrise fundraiser page here:
 
 
Have a tail waggin' day and I'll see you tomorrow,
Scout and Pam
 

No comments:

Post a Comment